Sunday, May 23, 2010

I've got the Beale Street Blues

Attention: As I am just a neophyte in this blogging business, please excuse my mistake. This section of the blog is suppose to be second. So close your eyes, scroll to the end, and click on Older Post.










Thought you might enjoy some Beale Street signage.


The street is closed off for several blocks.

We ate our dinner here.
Karen had a pulled pork sandwich. Very tasty with coleslaw in it.
I had a porktato.
Pulled pork in a huge baked potato with cheese, sour cream, and shallots.
Also very tasty.

Almost 85 years old now.

It was crowded and noisy.
Two jazz musicians played on the stage on the left in photo.

This is how the tables are decorated. Each one different.

The neon is just so-so...

But we really liked the painted panel.

Cool sign...

I think it's larger than a pint!



Several horse drawn carriages around. Many are lit up at night.
Check out what's on the drivers seat.

Looks like he's having a good time!

Tomorrow more wandering the street, no history lessons for us.

Til we meet again, I remain, your "jazzy" correspondent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All very cool. Not that I know anything about it, but I was surprised that Little Rock was so close to Memphis. You are so educational.

XXXOOO Jean