Monday, May 10, 2010

Off On An Adventure

Greetings Family and Friends,

Well, we are off and running. Got started a little later than we had hoped but then what is time when you're retired? For those that don't know, Karen and I are heading by auto to Pawnee, Illinois for a Dalton/Andring/Engdahl Reunion (Karen and I may be the only Engdahls) on Memorial weekend. I hope to write about our travel and post pictures as often as I can. So bear with me as I fumble my way through this...and away we go!

The weather at home when we left was overcast and we didn't see any rain until we got near La Grande. We are traveling along I-84 eastbound to spend the first night in Twin Falls, Idaho. We got into a pretty good drenching between La Grande and Boise but then it cleared up some after Boise. Needless to say there won't be any pictures to see on this first posting cuz we've all seen it before and we know how gorgeous the Gorge is. We'll be heading to Cheyenne, WY tomorrow (620 miles / about 9 hours) to do a Capitol tour on Wednesday morning. The weather in Cheyenne will be about 32 degrees and snowing. Did not see that coming when we started planning this trip!

Hope to have a better report and some pictures soon.

John

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use Anonymous in the drop-down menu below, then you can put your name at the end of your comment, if you wish.

eloise said...

John,
I did get into your blog and it is wonderful so far. Are you going to go through Indiana..you can look up great grandpa Butlers place. I had to click on the Great Mid west adventure icon and got in. Happy travels,
Eloise

Anonymous said...

Loving you Mr. Whatever reporter. Stay safe!

Jean

Jim and Linda said...

looks like fun / we'll be headed to Maui in 12 days / darn / should have taken you guys up on your offer to travel with you / be safe and enjoy / maybe theres a second career awaiting your return